(fl. 1699-1730)

Mrs. John Walrond (fl. 1699-1730) was married to John Walrond, who served for many years as a Presbyterian minister at Ottery St. Mary, Devon, before moving to the Bow (Presbyterian) meeting in Exeter in 1729, where he remained until his death in 1755. Little is known of his wife, but in the 1690s she began keeping a diary. Selections from 1699 to 1708 (as well as some from the 1730s), along with some spiritual meditations, were transcribed (in an unknown hand) into a bound volume that also contains the poetry and meditations of Hannah Towgood Wakeford. That volume belongs to the collections of the Angus Library, Regent's Park College, Oxford, and has been published in Timothy Whelan, Nonconformist Women Writers, vol. 8, pp. 1-14.